So often parents want to support their child but don’t even know where to start. This is a list of resources I use to better understand my clients and their struggles. I’ve organized the list into different media formats to best support varied learning styles. I, also, update the list regularly to reflect the latest research.
- The Learn Smarter Podcast – A podcast for educational therapists, parents, teachers, and other allied professionals, where Rachel and Steph provide resources, ideas, and tips for students everywhere.
- ADHD Essentials – Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., M.S. hosts in-depth conversations about ADHD with parents, educators, and experts to help listeners develop the skills and knowledges needed to better manage ADHD.
- Life with Lost Keys – Rene Brooks incorporates her culture with her experiences managing ADHD. She hosts various guests to discuss their experiences with ADHD and how to persevere.
- Beautifully Complex: Navigating Neurodiverse Parenting (Previously called “Parenting ADHD”) – Penny Williams provides weekly insights and actionable strategies on parenting neurodivergent kids by decoding behavior while honoring neurodiversity, and learning to parent the individual child you have.
- How to ADHD is a friendly, positive YouTube channel that provides a “toolbox” of strategies for managing ADHD
- ADHD Mastery is a YouTube channel about self-awareness, tips, and coping strategies for people with ADHD. While Stuart is not a licensed professional or therapist, he provides a detailed account of what it’s like to live with ADHD and how to manage on a daily basis.
- Laziness Does Not Exist by Dr. Devon Price – an explanation of how people today do far more work than nearly any other humans in history, yet most people often still feel that they are not doing enough.
- Coaching Students with Executive Skills Deficits by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare – A practical manual that uses an evidence-based coaching model for helping students whose academic performance is suffering due to deficits in executive skills, including time and task management, planning, organization, impulse control, and emotional regulation.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Dr. Carol Dweck – backed up by decades of research, Dweck concludes that success in school, work, sports, the arts, and almost every area of human endeavor can be dramatically influenced by how we think about our talents and abilities.
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans – by applying “design thinking” to one’s life, people can create a meaningful and fulfilling life.
- What is Educational Therapy? – https://www.understood.org/en/articles/what-you-need-to-know-about-educational-therapy
- Association of Educational Therapists – https://www.aetonline.org/
- Resources and Articles about Learning Differences – https://www.understood.org/
- Children and Adults with ADD (CHADD) – Education and Advocacy – https://chadd.org/
- ADDitude Magazine – ADHD Resources and Links – https://www.additudemag.com/resources/
- Child Mind Institute – Resources for getting support, education, and science for neurodivergent learners – https://childmind.org/
- National Center for Learning Disabilities – Empowers children and adults with learning and attention issues – https://www.ncld.org/